The last Uptown Art Walk of the 2012 season will fill Uptown streets again from 5 pm
to 9 pm on Thursday, October 4th.
Several Uptown stores and especially restaurants will join in the event and
stay open on these evenings for the shopping convenience of their
customers and to add to the festivities.
Uptown Butte's regular art galleries will remain open for the
evening with special shows and receptions for their patrons.
These galleries include the Charles W. Clark Chateau (321 W. Broadway), the Venus Rising Espresso (128 W. Granite St.), Main Stope
Gallery (45 W. Park St.) the Phoenix Gallery (14 S. Dakota St.), Martha
U. Cooney Studio (8 W. Park St., Suite 310) the Uptown Cafe (47 E. Broadway) and the S. Jenkins Gallery (66 W. Park St.). New art will
also be on display at the studio suites at Studio 41, the art studios above the Main Stope Gallery.
Butte's uptown art galleries and various other venues, including the featured artist gallery, US Bank, at Park and Main, host artists at these venues from 5 to 9 pm. Pedestals painted by Butte High School art students will be standing outside of each of the participating art walk galleries to mark the entrances. While art walks provide an opportunity for the general public to meet the respective artists as you enjoy a refreshment or two, they are also a great way to see Uptown Butte in the evening during the warmer months. And, there is no admission fee for any of the venues.
The US Bank will host the work of featured artists, the University of Montana Student and Faculty Exhibition.
An opening reception for the artists, at which refreshments will be served, will be held from 5 to 9 pm. Other venues during the evening will also feature snacks and refreshments.
- Main Stope Gallery, 45 W. Park St., Artifacts, new work by Sallie Bowen, Karen Hueftle, and Jeanette Barnes.
- Phoenix Art Gallery, 14 S. Dakota St. (west basement of Phoenix Building, 66 W. Park St.), will display paintings and sculptures by Donna Loos.
- Phoenix Building, 66 W. Park St., S. Jenkins Fine Arts, Phoenix Building, 66 W. Park St., ground floor east doors. Special show --Two Worlds, Ledgers of an Urban Indian by Jon Bercier.
- The Mosler Gallery, 66 W. Park St.,
Zempasuchil & Papel Picado.
- The Rita Room, 66 W. Park Street, Butte High Art Club, Student PrintShop Exhibition
- Headframe Spirits, 21 S. Montana, Kara Johnson, Acrylic Paintings.
- Martha U. Cooney Art Gallery, 8 W. Park St., Metals Bank Building, Suite 301 will feature Marie Steiger, Pop-Surrealism.
- Butte Frame and Art Gallery, 126 S. Main St., curated selection of guest works.
- Jade Hair Studio and Spa, 21 N. Main St., Selected Works of Ashley Fisher and Sara Sonquist.
- Uptown Café, 47 E. Broadway, paintings by James Bason.
- Venus Rising Espresso, 128 W. Granite St., new works by Nolan Salix.
- Charles W. Clark Chateau Museum and Gallery, 321 W. Broadway, paintings by Michael Masters.
- Quarry Brewery, 124 W. Broadway, A Selection of Guest Works
- Uptown Works & Art Gallery, 1 N. Montana St., (NW corner of Montana & Park), Glenn Brackett, Handmade Bamboo Fly Rods.
- Feathering Your Nest Boutique & Gallery/Kinsey Roy Photography, 127 W. Park St., The Paintings of Cathy Lynn.
- Uptown Sweets and Gifts, 47 W. Park St., ceramics by Gregg Edelen, Selected Prints by Jack Ferriter, Victorian Santa Dolls by
- Gotcherstuff, 33 W. Park, Jim Goebel, Paintings.
- Sassy Consignment and Sales, 19 W. Broadway, Original works by E.S. Paxson, Elizabeth Lochrie, Will Standing and Bob Hall.
Galleries and Adjunct Art Exhibit Spaces for Butte ArtWalks
Main Stope Gallery, 45 W. Park Street
Original paintings, sculpture and ceramics
Hours 10 am to 5:30 pm, Mon. through Sat.
Phoenix Art Gallery, 14 S. Dakota Street
Original Fine Arts and Crafts
Hours 10 am to 5:30 pm Mon. through Sat.
Martha U. Cooney Gallery, 8 W. Park Street, Suite 301
Art by Cooney, students and guests
Hours 9:30 am to 5 pm Wed. through Fri.
S. Jenkins Fine Art & Antiques, 66 W. Park Street
Exhibits changed monthly;
Hours 10 am to 5:30 pm, Tues. through Sun.
Adjunct Art Exhibit Spaces
Hummingbird Cafe, 605 W. Park Street, 723-2044
monthly guest artist exhibits
Hours 7:30 am to 4 pm Mon through Fri.; 9am through 4:30 pm Sat.
Uptown Works & Art Gallery, 1 N. Montana Street, 723-3959
rotating monthly exhibits
Hours 10 am to 6 pm Tues. through Sun.
Jail House Coffee & Bakery, 116 W. Park Street, 782-1280
monthly change of guest artists
Hours 7:30 am to 5 pm Mon. through Fri./9 am to 2 pm Sat.
Feathering Your Nest Boutique/Photo Studio, 127 W. Park Street, 490-2781
Hours 10 am to 5:30 pm Mon. through Sat.
Healthlink Physical Therapy, 134 S. Main Street, 310-0296
Copper City Artists featured
Hours 10 am to 3 pm Mon., Wed., and Fri.
Butte Frame and Art Gallery, 126 S. Main Street, 782-7710
art exhibits rotating monthly
Hours 10m am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm Tues, through Fri.
US Bank, 10 S. Main Street, 496-4000
monthly fine art exhibit
Hours 9:30 am to 4 pm Mon. through Fri.
Jade Hair Studio & Spa, 21 North Main Street, 221-7010
guest artist changed monthly
Hours 10 am to 5 pm Wed. through Sat.
Uptown Cafe, 47 E. Broadway, 723-4735
rotating 2D art exhibits
Hours 11 am to 2 pm Mon. through Fri./ open for dinner at 5 pm 7 days a week
Hennessy Food Market, 32 E. Granite Street, 723-3097
monthly guest artist
Hours 7 am to 8 pm Mon. through Sat./9 am to 7 pm Sun.
Venus Rising Espresso, 128 W. Granite Street, 723-1150
monthly guests artists exhibited
Hours 7:30 am to 5 pm Mon. through Sat.
Charles Clark Museum and Gallery, 321 W. Broadway, 723-7600
Hours 11 am to 5 pm Tues through Fri./11 am to 4 pm Sun.
For more details about upcoming Uptown art walks,
contact Mainstreet Uptown Butte at 497-6464 or send e-mail.
If you are an artist and you would like to learn more about displaying
and selling your art during an Uptown artwalk in Butte this summer, call
Ray Campeau at 406-920-2340.